The Green Commercial Vehicle Program (GCVP) is an incentive-based program for the commercial transportation sector, where incentives are provided upon proof of purchase as outlined below:
• For the purchase of alternative fuel vehicles such as electric, natural gas or diesel-natural gas dual fuel vehicles, incentive amounts range from 15-50% of the incremental purchase cost of an eligible vehicle as compared to an equivalent conventional fuel vehicle.
• For fuel saving devices, the incentive amount is 30-50% of the purchase and installation cost, of the aerodynamic device, anti-idling device or electric refrigeration unit. See the list of approved devices.
The GCVP will also include a stream of funding for Commercial Transportation Innovation Pilots. Further details on this portion of the program will be available in 2018.
All eligible purchases made on or after September 1, 2017 will be eligible to apply for incentives. Purchases made on or before March 31, 2018 will be eligible for an early adopter incentive worth an additional 10% for up to 10 vehicles or devices.
Please complete the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) form and submit the completed form directly to Ontario Shared Services at the address noted in the EFT guide. (link available in Program Guidelines section below)
Applicants must also enroll in the One-Key (Transfer Payment Common Registry) to establish a Transfer Payment Account. Once notified, the applicant must then access Grants Ontario to enter the GCVP application system.
Applications to the Green Commercial Vehicles Program must be submitted electronically through the Grants Ontario System (GOS).
Applications for Green Commercial Vehicle Program Now Open; MTO to Host Webinar
MTO has announced the application form for the Green Commercial Vehicle Program (GCVP) is now online through Grants Ontario. Applicants can apply for the program by logging in and submitting an application using the Grants Ontario Portal.
The GCVP was championed by OTA as a way for the industry to receive the benefit of funds carriers pay through carbon pricing. The program provides rebates towards the purchase of alternative-fuel vehicles and fuel-saving devices, including natural gas and electric technologies.
In addition, MTO will be hosting a webinar in partnership with Grants Ontario on Friday February 9th from 2:00pm – 3:00pm. The webinar session will cover:
- A brief program overview
- A walk-through of how to apply through Grants Ontario
- Tips for submitting multiple applications
- A Q/A session for participants
Members are encouraged to take part in the webinar by sending an RSVP to GCVP@ontario.ca, MTO will share the webinar details directly with participants.
Members with additional questions regarding program details, the application process or the Grants Ontario system can contact GCVP@ontario.ca for more information.